leading/major industry players and local industry. They also need to arrange two guest lectures per month per trade, Field visit once 3 months for all trades, on Job Training and training of coaches, Support from Industry for Assessment, Support in Placement and Support in Curriculum revisit.
For providing the practical training the state in facilitation with SSC/NSDC would provide training through industry or training provider. For the Automobile practical training the Department will involve ITI/ Polytechnic and under this agreement the students will be allowed to use the premised of the ITI/Polytechnic for practical skill based training purposes
12.2 Guest Lecture
Guest lecture are organized as they provide inputs from the real scenario and life experiences, organizational dynamics and key Skills needed in work situations.
Guest lecture also helps to expose the Practitioners to the profile of students by knowing the competency of students and will also help in exploring the possibilities of collaboration for internship and placement. This also helps in bridge the divide between the “World of Studies” and the “World of Work”, by relating theory to practice and providing an understanding to the students of real life situations.
12.3 Industry Visit
This visit is more an educational visit in itself. Guidelines/ Instructions have been created for field/Industry visits of students to give a real life practical exposure to the students to the world of work. The guidelines detail out after completion of how many units in the syllabus the students has to be taken to field visit, what should be the objective of the visit, what is the learning outcome, checklist for observation, etc.
Guidelines for Industry/Field Visit
- Industry visit is an essential part for the transaction of the curriculum as the emphasis is on overall development of skills of the students and they are required to undergo practical training in a designed fashion.
- Keeping in view the design of the course content, the skills and the competency expected from the students, Industry visit has been made an essential feature of this programme.
- It will be the duty of Vocational Coordinator/ Vocational Teacher to have close liaison with the Industry and to plan such visits. Once a contact is established with the Industry relevant to the subject being taught, the vocational Coordinator along with vocational teacher would plan visit in consultation with Head of the institution.
- Vocational Teacher must visit the place of visit prior to the actual visit of the students
- Choose to take the students preferable during the non-peak business hours.
- The staff at the organization to be visited must spend time with the students.
- The staff of the organization should brief the students about their organization, business, operations, etc.
- Each School should organize these visits as per the following plan:-
Once a proposal is finalized, the same is to be submitted to the RCSE /Program Management Team through email. The proposal should contain the following details:-
Minimum 3 Industry visit in one Academic Year
|1||1st Industry Visit||After Completion of Unit 1,2|
|2||2ed Industry Visit||After Completion of Unit 3,4|
|3||3rd Industry Visit||After Completion of course contatnt Level-1|
- Plan/ Plans identified for such a visit.
- Students who have opted the course should be the part of visit.
- Vocational Teachers along with one more school staff must accompany the students. In case there are girls students too and the Vocational Teacher and the other teacher both of them happen to be male, a lady teacher should accompany the girl students in addition to Vocational Teacher.
- The visit is to be conducted by hiring Road ways buses. In case of non-availability of buses from the private registered operators be hired on competitive rates but the rates should not be higher than the rates quoted by State Road ways. The visits are to be so planned that the students are back to the school during the school hours and it is to be ensured that they reach home safely.
- Proper bills/ voucher have to be maintained about the field trip.
- Attendance copy of the students should be the part of the record.
- Each proposal for such visit/ visits should include the financial implications and the date of visit with place/ places to be visited. The financial implications should include hiring of bus charges, viz-a-viz the funds available under this component.
- The field trip should be planned according to the syllabus and the lesson plans planned by the teacher. So that the students can relate their learning’s with the ground realities
- The teacher should inform about the trip a week in advance to the students and discuss in detail the purpose and the place of visit so that the parents of the students be informed in advance and be taken in to confidence by laying emphasis that such visits are essential part of course and are to the benefit of their children.
- It shall be the personal responsibility of the teachers in regard to security of the children and head of the institution should personally supervise all the arrangements and to remain present in the institution till the students return and join their parents.
- Ensure students wear the school uniforms, carry, ID card, their note books and pen/ pencil to make notes.
- The head of the institution must send complete report of such visits along with photographs by email to the State/ Program Management Team.
12.4 On the Job Training (OJT)
Internship or On the Job Training (OJT) while undergoing the course means that skills can be gained while Students are in schools and studying. This benefits both students and the business. Students learn in the real work environment and gain experience dealing with the tasks and challenges that they will meet during a normal working day. The business benefits by ensuring that the training is specific to the job. Class 11th student’s internship has to be ensured before the final examination. This internship should be for not more than week duration with minimum 4 to 5 hours per day. Certificate of the internship should also be ensured by the school.
Vocational Corrdinators training – Industry Linkages Click to Download