IT support person provides service in monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within an organisation in a technical support role. If there are any issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues, IT support person will be the first person employees will come to. Tasks can include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
Duties of this position typically include, but are not limited:
- Working with customers/employees to identify computer problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment